‘Phenomenal demand’ as tickets to see Mumford & Sons at Lowestoft’s Marina Theatre sell out in minutes
INTEREST was expected to be 'massive' and so it proved.
Tickets to see top folk rock band Mumford & Sons live at Lowestoft's Marina Theatre went on general sale online this morning - and all tickets sold out within four minutes!
The band, who have enjoyed huge success with their songs Little Lion Man and The Cave and the album Sigh No More, are due to play at the Marina Theatre on Tuesday, June 5.
A spokesman for the Marina, who admitted they had been 'inundated' with inquiries about the gig, said every available seat at the Edwardian venue had sold out online via http://uktour.gentlemenoftheroad.com and www.mumfordandsons.com - and there are no more tickets available from The Marina.
The Marina spokesman said: 'Being a small venue we appreciated the demand for the seats and this more than outstripped the supply.
You may also want to watch:
'Demand was absolutely phenomenal. Congratulations to everyone who got tickets to see the gig and commiserations to those who were not successful.
'Let's keep our fingers crossed we will be able to present more top quality product like this in the future.'
- 1 Woman sexually assaulted in Norwich
- 2 Family told baby with half a working heart has weeks to live
- 3 Woman on soft-food diet 'forever' after attack by kick-boxer partner
- 4 Police seal off building site in Norwich
- 5 Norfolk-based Rick Wakeman 'stunned and proud' after being made a CBE
- 6 Pub hands out free ice creams during road collision traffic jam
- 7 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 8 Left-back seals permanent Canaries exit
- 9 Oh deer! Muntjac escorted out of Tesco after sprinting into bakery
- 10 Bleach thrown at woman from passing car
The theatre spokesman added that customers should not call the Marina box office or e-mail with any further Mumford & Sons' inquiries as the Lowestoft performance has sold out and no more tickets remain.
The band's appearance in Lowestoft is part of a seven-date Gentlemen of the Road Stopover Tour at smaller venues across England, Wales and Ireland. The gig will follow an appearance by the band at The Apex in Bury St Edmunds on June 4, with other dates planned in Cardiff, Folkestone, Huddersfield, Gateshead and Galway.