Peugeot 3008 wins European Car of the Year title
- Credit: Peugeot
Peugeot's new 3008 sport utility vehicle is on a winning streak, adding the prestigious European Car of the Year title to its trophy cabinet.
The all-new Peugeot 3008 sport utility vehicle has been named the 2017 European Car of the Year at the Geneva Motor Show.
The all-new 3008 SUV impressed the judging panel with its combination of style, interior design and performance. This prestigious trophy joins the 20 other prizes the 3008 SUV has already won since its launch at the start of 2017.
The vehicle is the fifth Peugeot to win the title and the first SUV to be honoured with the accolade in its history. Peugeot's success in the awards dates all the way back to 1969, when the 504 saloon scooped the award.
The Car of the Year prize is awarded by a judging panel comprising 58 experienced journalists from 22 countries, who have been assessing each model's entry since early 2016.
You may also want to watch:
Jean-Philippe Imparato, chief executive of Peugeot, said: 'I am particularly proud and very pleased that the all-new Peugeot 3008 SUV has just won the 2017 Car of the Year prize. This trophy is the culmination of five years of incredible work by the brand's teams and our group.'
The 58 European judges, who take into account factors like design, comfort, safety, performance and driver satisfaction, have 25 points to award across at least five of the seven cars, making for a balanced shortlist.
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 4 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 5 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 6 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 7 Former pubs, schools and leisure centres among arson-hit sites
- 8 Why teacher was right to report Confederate flag to police
- 9 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies
- 10 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
The 3008 topped the points list, garnering a total of 319 points, ahead of the Alfa Romeo Giulia in second with 296 points and the Mercedes E-Class third with 197 points. The other finalists were Volvo S90/V90 (172 points), Citroën C3 (166), Toyota C-HR (165) and Nissan Micra (135).