Peter Beales company director Amanda Gipp dies at the age of 45
- Credit: Archant
The daughter of the late Peter Beales, of Peter Beales Roses, has died after a prolonged illness, the family has announced.
Amanda Gipp had worked with her brother Richard, her father, who passed away earlier this year, and her mother Joan, who died late last year, as company director at the firm in Attleborough.
She died on August 12 at the age of 45.
Amdanda had been responsible for breeding and introducing a number of well-known roses including Clarence House, St Ethelburga and Macmillan Nurse, the forerunners of the Modern Classic Rose range.
She was also an accomplished author and wrote a number of books including 'Roses a Colour Guide, as well as painting roses.
You may also want to watch:
Managing director and Amanda's brother, Richard Beales, said: 'This is another terrible loss to the company and to me personally, but I know that I must ensure that the legacy that my family created lives on through what was the passion for all my family - classic roses.'
Amanda studied at Burlingham College of Horticulture and completed apprenticeships at Howard Nurseries and then at Peter Beales Roses.
- 1 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 2 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 3 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 4 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 5 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park
- 6 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 7 PM warns there will be no 'open sesame' lockdown exit
- 8 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 9 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 10 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
She leaves behind a daughter, Laura, son, Alex, and partner Wes.
Her funeral will be held on August 22 at 2.30pm at St Mary's Church in Attleborough.