Pet lovers’ charity launches appeal for donations of unwanted items
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Animal-lovers in Norwich can be a 'superhero' for poorly pets by donating clothes, accessories, furniture and other goods as part of a charity's new campaign.
The PSDA (People's Dispensary for Sick Animals) has made a plea for donations of good-quality unwanted items which can be sold to raise money for sick and injured pets.
Dawn Cowie, shop manager of the PSDA branch in Queens Road, Norwich, said: 'We're launching an appeal to encourage local people to become our superheroes by donating their unwanted items and make a huge difference for poorly pets.
'We are always on the hunt for items that can help us raise money for sick and injured pets across the UK and what better time for people to make a donation than when they are having a spring clear-out.
'This is the time of year that people want a fresh start ready for the summer months, so if you are planning to de-clutter we want you to think of PDSA.'
You may also want to watch:
Ms Cowie said all kinds of items were wanted, but especially books, CDs and DVDs, which were popular with customers.
She said: 'We also need home furnishings such as vases, pictures and ornaments also furniture, as well as good quality men's, ladies' and children's clothes.'
For more information, visit www.pdsa.org.uk/hero
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 3 Flood warnings along Norfolk coast, with Wells flood gate in place
- 4 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 5 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
- 6 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 7 Yarmouth man convicted of historic rape after DNA match
- 8 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 9 Norfolk receives overnight flood warnings
- 10 54-home plan delayed due to 'nightmare' traffic concerns