Motorcyclist killed in two-vehicle crash on A146 near Loddon
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A motorcyclist has been killed following a two-vehicle collision near Loddon.
Officers were called shortly after 7.45am on Thursday morning to reports of a serious collision on the A146 at Chedgrave near to the junction with Norwich Road.
It involved a blue Vauxhall Vectra and a Suzuki GSXR motorbike.
The male rider of the motorbike, aged in his 20s, sadly died at the scene.
The female driver of the Vauxhall suffered hip and facial injuries and was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital for treatment.
You may also want to watch:
Two ambulance crews and an ambulance officer were sent to the scene.
The collision caused major delays with drivers diverted through Loddon. The road reopened at around 12.30pm.
- 1 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 4 Secluded Broads farmhouse in almost 11 acres goes up for sale
- 5 'Like a horror film' - Friends left terrified after being followed in woods
- 6 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 7 Plans for seven new supermarkets in Norfolk - but where will they be?
- 8 Owner of popular bakery rushed into intensive care 120 miles from home
- 9 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 10 Police called after elderly, sick seal attacked with stones
Anyone who may have witnessed the collision, has dash cam footage or anyone who may have seen the driving manner of either vehicle prior to the incident, should contact the Serious Collision Investigation Team on 101.