Motorcyclist killed in two-vehicle crash on A146 near Loddon
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A motorcyclist has been killed following a two-vehicle collision near Loddon.
Officers were called shortly after 7.45am on Thursday morning to reports of a serious collision on the A146 at Chedgrave near to the junction with Norwich Road.
It involved a blue Vauxhall Vectra and a Suzuki GSXR motorbike.
The male rider of the motorbike, aged in his 20s, sadly died at the scene.
The female driver of the Vauxhall suffered hip and facial injuries and was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital for treatment.
You may also want to watch:
Two ambulance crews and an ambulance officer were sent to the scene.
The collision caused major delays with drivers diverted through Loddon. The road reopened at around 12.30pm.
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 3 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 4 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 5 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 6 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 7 'A lot of tears' as care home announces closure with 30 jobs lost
- 8 Shocking CCTV shows carer abusing woman with dementia
- 9 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 10 Man's neck broken after being hit by 800kg load which fell off forklift
Anyone who may have witnessed the collision, has dash cam footage or anyone who may have seen the driving manner of either vehicle prior to the incident, should contact the Serious Collision Investigation Team on 101.