Person dies at Roughton Road station having been hit by a train
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
A person has died at the scene of a train crash at Roughton Road train station.
The British Transport Police (BTP) were called to a report of a person being struck by a train just outside of Cromer at 10am on Saturday morning.
Norfolk Police, fire services, and ambulance service also attended the incident.
The accident is currently being treated as non suspicious.
A spokesman for the British Transport Police said: 'Officers are currently working to establish the identity of the person, and inform their next of kin.
'HM Coroner will been notified and BTP are conducting an investigation in to the events surrounding this incident.It is requested that any information about this incident be passed to British Transport Police by contacting 0800 405040.'
Journeys between Norwich and Sheringham were affected, as the line between North Walsham and Sheringham via Cromer was blocked by emergency services.
- 1 Two Norfolk seaside hotels named among the best in Britain
- 2 PICTURES: The best-dressed punters at Fakenham Ladies Day
- 3 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 4 Michael McIntyre and Robert Rinder spotted at Carrow Road
- 5 City councillor investigated after Facebook golliwog post complaint
- 6 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 7 Norfolk police officer goes on the run to win £100,000 on Hunted
- 8 Fly-tipping mattresses costs mother and son over £1,000
- 9 Eleventh McDonald's drive-thru could be set for Norwich
- 10 Greyhound saved from euthanasia among five dogs looking for homes
For travel updates visit journeycheck.com/greateranglia/