Person dies at Roughton Road station having been hit by a train
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
A person has died at the scene of a train crash at Roughton Road train station.
The British Transport Police (BTP) were called to a report of a person being struck by a train just outside of Cromer at 10am on Saturday morning.
Norfolk Police, fire services, and ambulance service also attended the incident.
The accident is currently being treated as non suspicious.
A spokesman for the British Transport Police said: 'Officers are currently working to establish the identity of the person, and inform their next of kin.
You may also want to watch:
'HM Coroner will been notified and BTP are conducting an investigation in to the events surrounding this incident.It is requested that any information about this incident be passed to British Transport Police by contacting 0800 405040.'
Journeys between Norwich and Sheringham were affected, as the line between North Walsham and Sheringham via Cromer was blocked by emergency services.
- 1 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 2 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 3 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 4 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 5 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 6 Man charged after cannabis factory and 300 plants found above pizza takeaway
- 7 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 8 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 9 Early hours arrests as part of 'ongoing police investigation'
- 10 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting
For travel updates visit journeycheck.com/greateranglia/