Person dies after being hit by a train near Beccles
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A person has died after being struck by a train at North Cove, near Beccles.
Officers from the British Transport Police and Suffolk Police were called to the incident just before 3.30pm yesterday.
A British Transport Police (BTP) spokesman said: 'BTP officers were called to the line close to Marsh Lane, Beccles, after a report that a person had been struck by a train.
'Officers from the BTP and Suffolk Police attended the incident, which was reported at 3.23pm and is currently being treated as non-suspicious.
'Medics from the local ambulance service also attended but the person was pronounced deceased at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
'A file will be prepared for the coroner.'
The train involved was a 2.07pm Ipswich to Lowestoft service.
- 1 Woman sexually assaulted in Norwich
- 2 Family told baby with half a working heart has weeks to live
- 3 Woman on soft-food diet 'forever' after attack by kick-boxer partner
- 4 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 5 Police seal off building site in Norwich
- 6 Norfolk-based Rick Wakeman 'stunned and proud' after being made a CBE
- 7 Pub hands out free ice creams during road collision traffic jam
- 8 Left-back seals permanent Canaries exit
- 9 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 10 Pub for sale after landlord dies of Covid
The line was handed back to Network Rail at 4.35pm.