Storm Brian to bring gusts of 50mph to Norfolk coast this weekend
People living along Norfolk's coast are warned to expect gusts of up to 50mph this weekend.
Storm Brian is expected to bring strong winds on Saturday and Sunday to the county as it sweeps across the UK.
Norwich-based forecaster Weatherquest said Norfolk's east-facing coast is likely to get the worst of the weather.
The Met Office has also issued a yellow weather warning for the county between 4am on Saturday and midnight.
Phil Garner, from Weatherquest, said Saturday will begin with a 'reasonably' bright start.
You may also want to watch:
However, showers and strong winds are forecast for much of the afternoon.
He said: 'The east-facing coast could well see the strongest winds. Gusts could get up to 45mph to 50mph on Saturday evening.'
- 1 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 2 Hollywood actors use Norwich hair salon
- 3 Garden centre launches outdoor eating with wood-fired pizza and waffles
- 4 MPs join the call to suspend gallbladder surgeon
- 5 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 6 Popular railway will 'cease to exist' as soon as this year
- 7 Norwich shop worker beaten with hammer in row over phone refund
- 8 A47 opens 18 hours after HGV overturns in crash with car
- 9 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 10 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
Temperatures will remain around 16C.
The bad weather is likely to continue into Sunday, with gusts again reaching up to 50mph.
Meanwhile, Mr Garner said people can expect showers throughout the morning and afternoon today (Friday, 20 October).
However, by around 3pm it will begin to brighten up.