People flock to hospital for charity day to raise funds for specialist care equipment
Hundreds of people found bargains at a special charity event held at Queen Elizabeth Hospital in King's Lynn.
Jigsaw puzzles, soaps, and jewellery were some of the items on offer at the event, which was organised by Lincolnshire-based Susanne Benjamin.
A total of £460 was raised which will go towards the hospital's Excel Appeal, which is supported by the EDP.
The appeal aims to raise £50,000 for specialist equipment, such as falls prevention kits, recliner chairs, and dementia software, which will all improve the hospital's care of the elderly.
Mrs Benjamin said: 'The event was very well attended, both by staff and the general public.
'Many people said it was nice to have something different in the hospital, and we managed to sell just about everything.'
To donate, visit www.justgiving.com/qehkl-excelappeal or you can pay by cheque made payable to 'Excel Appeal'.
- 1 'London girl' transforms her Norfolk home into the ultimate retreat
- 2 Extra speed check camera vans to target Norfolk's 'village speeders'
- 3 'Tesla-like' robot hub set for Norfolk former RAF base
- 4 Seaside bar taken over for three weeks by Hollywood crew shooting film
- 5 'Fierce' fire rips through two homes in west Norfolk village
- 6 Five-vehicle crash causes delays on A47
- 7 Coastwatch volunteer encourages public to stay on the lookout for body parts
- 8 WATCH: Moment teen pulls BB gun on shopkeeper
- 9 Dentist staff working round the clock to address 'enforcement action'
- 10 Hunt for Dotty the barn owl as 'devastated' owners fear she won't survive
Send it to Laurence Morlaàs, fundraising executive, QEH, Gayton Road, King's Lynn PE30 4ET.
Are you fundraising? Email nicholas.carding@archant. co.uk