People evacuated from Great Yarmouth street after man threatens to harm himself
- Credit: Archant
People living in a Great Yarmouth street have been evacuated for their own safety after reports a man inside one of the properties was threatening to harm himself.
Police were called to Nursery Terrace in the town at about 7.40pm tonight after concerns were raised about the safety of a man who was believed to be threatening to set fire to himself.
As events unfolded throughout the evening people have taken to social media to describe armed police and riot vans, together with fire engines arriving on the street.
Police said a man in his 30s was seen and heard from inside the property, threatening to harm himself.
Specially trained officers are continuing to speak to the man inside while people from neighbouring properties were evacuated to ensure their safety.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 6 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 7 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 8 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 9 Family's distress as Covid rules force double-jabbed mother into isolation
- 10 Man charged with attempted murder after serious Norwich assault