Pensioner robbed of his wallet after being hit on the head with a glass bottle in Lowestoft
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A pensioner suffered a gash to the head after being hit over the head with a glass bottle in a Lowestoft churchyard and was robbed of his wallet.
Detectives are appealing for information following the daylight robbery that happened at 5.10pm today in St Margaret's Churchyard.
The victim, an 88-year-old man, was hit across the back of the head with a glass bottle and had his wallet stolen.
The offender was a white man, aged in his early 20s, with longish dark hair. He was wearing a blue jacket with red flashes over the pocket.
The suspect is reported to have run off down St Margaret's Road heading towards the town centre.
You may also want to watch:
The victim suffered a small amount of bleeding as a result of this attack and has been left shaken by it.
Police are appealing for any witnesses who may have seen a man matching this description either around the churchyard or running along St Margaret's Road.
- 1 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 2 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 3 This charming village pub is worth travelling to from across Norfolk
- 4 Hundreds of volunteers search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 5 Weather warning for thunderstorms this week after Monday heat
- 6 Broads pub with 'bags of potential' for sale for £375,000
- 7 Family's distress as Covid rules force double-jabbed mother into isolation
- 8 Woman airlifted to hospital following equestrian accident in Beccles
- 9 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 10 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
Calls should be made to Lowestoft CID on 101 quoting reference CAD 377 of 31 July, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.