Pedestrian killed in crash at Bury St Edmunds
A man has died following a crash in Barningham, near Bury St Edmunds, this evening.
Police were called shortly before 8pm by the ambulance service who were at the scene of a collision between a pedestrian and a Vauxhall van on the B1111 in Barningham near the junction with Chare Road.
A male pedestrian was hit by the vehicle and died at the scene.
Emergency services are currently in attendance and the road is closed while a full investigation is carried out.
Diversions are in place with northbound traffic being diverted on to Drouts Lane and southbound traffic on to Hepworth Road.
You may also want to watch:
Any witnesses to the incident are asked to contact the Serious Collision Investigation Team on 101.
- 1 'An insult to the city': Couple ditch 'hellhole' hotel after 45 minutes
- 2 Travellers camped at garden centre car park
- 3 Road cleared after overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- 4 Ex-head charged with sex attacks on boys at Norfolk school
- 5 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown
- 6 Elton John to kick off UK leg of farewell tour at Carrow Road
- 7 RSPCA shop loses more than £1,000 after 'slamming scam'
- 8 James Bond themed windmill owned by 007 star for rent
- 9 Historic railway platform building could be demolished in station revamp
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman found dead in flat