WATCH: Paul Lambert sent off after brawl during Norwich return
- Credit: Pagepix Ltd
Today was not a good day for Paul Lambert.
Not only did the Ipswich Town manger lose 3-0 to Norwich City in the East Anglian Derby.
But he had to watch his team concede two second goals from the stands after a fiery brawl saw him dismissed at the end of the first half.
The manager had to restrained by stewards and police as he gestured towards the Norwich City bench before being shown a red card by referee Peter Bankes.
Lambert's reaction was sparked by a Jon Nolan's yellow card following a particularly strong challenge.
You may also want to watch:
As the Norwich bench and crowd cried out for a red, players came together and a clash ensued on the touchline.
Lambert was sent off for his pushes and gestures towards the Norwich staff.
- 1 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11
- 2 GP surgery in special measures after inspectors find range of faults
- 3 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 4 Britain's poshest train returning to Norwich for Christmas lunch
- 5 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
- 6 Indian restaurant in Norfolk nominated for two national awards
- 7 Norwich bridal shop named among best in UK
- 8 Could you offer one of these rescue animals a forever home?
- 9 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer
- 10 Electric vehicle owners could have to pay £50 to run cables to cars