WATCH: Paul Lambert sent off after brawl during Norwich return
- Credit: Pagepix Ltd
Today was not a good day for Paul Lambert.
Not only did the Ipswich Town manger lose 3-0 to Norwich City in the East Anglian Derby.
But he had to watch his team concede two second goals from the stands after a fiery brawl saw him dismissed at the end of the first half.
The manager had to restrained by stewards and police as he gestured towards the Norwich City bench before being shown a red card by referee Peter Bankes.
Lambert's reaction was sparked by a Jon Nolan's yellow card following a particularly strong challenge.
You may also want to watch:
As the Norwich bench and crowd cried out for a red, players came together and a clash ensued on the touchline.
Lambert was sent off for his pushes and gestures towards the Norwich staff.
- 1 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 2 Secluded Broads farmhouse in almost 11 acres goes up for sale
- 3 Owner of popular bakery rushed into intensive care 120 miles from home
- 4 'Like a horror film' - Friends left terrified after being followed in woods
- 5 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 6 Plans for seven new supermarkets in Norfolk - but where will they be?
- 7 Eight men arrested after multiple stabbing in Norwich
- 8 Police called after elderly, sick seal attacked with stones
- 9 Norwich hospital to stop inpatient visits after rising Covid cases
- 10 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns