New comedy gala to come to Fakenham next month
- Credit: Archant
Live comedy is coming to Fakenham in a bid to improve the entertainment offering in the town.
Gallery Bistro, in Market Place, is to host a comedy gala on February 23.
Gallery Bistro owner Liam O'Sullivan, said: 'We have had comedy nights here in the past and I felt it was the right time to bring them back to the town.
'If this goes well it's certainly something I would look to do on a more regular basis.'
Five comedians are on the bill for the show.
You may also want to watch:
They include host Paul Eastwood, who has more than 20 years expeirence in the entertainment industry and is well known in Norfolk from performing at the Thursford Christmas Spectacular and at the Cromer Pier Show, and Danny Posthill, who was a finalist in Britain's Got Talent.
He is known for a string of impressions such as Jimmy Carr, Billy Connolly, Lee Evans plus many more.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
- 5 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 6 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 7 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 8 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 9 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 10 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
Danny has performed all over the world, working around the Mediterranean and South America plus summer seasons for Qdos Productions, flybacks for Thomson Holidays and numerous cabaret dates for Haven, Warners, Pontins and many of the independent holiday venues.
Danny is also making a name for himself on the alternative Comedy Club Circuit.
Other comedians due to perform on the night are John Ryan and Wayne the Weird, who is dubbed an outrageous comedian and magician.
There will also be a special guest on the bill.
Mr O'Sullivan said: 'It's good for Fakenham to be able to offer people something to do which is a bit different.
'You would normally have to go to Norwich or King's Lynn for an event like this.
'So it's nice to be able to offer it to the people on their doorstep.
'It could encourage more people from the surrounding area to come into Fakenham and give a bit of a boost to the local economy.'
The show starts at 8pm.
It is a ticket only event and tickets available, for £12.50, by going to Gallery Bistro, in Fakenham Market Place, or calling 01328 855000.
Are you running an event that you would like to promote?
Let us know by e mailing email@example.com or calling 01362 854701.