Party atmosphere at Pakefield Jubilee fete
PAINTING Pakefield red, white and blue, there was fun for everyone as hundreds descended on the glorious cliff top setting for an afternoon of entertainment today (Monday).
And with the Queen a special guest for the occasion, the Pakefield Jubilee fete was hailed a success.
Raising funds for the Pakefield Church organ fund, the RNLI and the Promoting Pakefield Group - who organised the celebrations - dogs of all breeds and sizes lined up to take part in a special show that mixed in with celebrations aplenty.
With lots of food, fun, music and games combining with displays of open gardens, a raffle, craft stalls, and much more, organisers were delighted with the turnout.
'This is very much a community event,' a spokesman for the Promoting Pakefield Group said. 'We've been planning the event for three months, in conjunction with Waveney Norse and Waveney District Council, and we're delighted that the whole community has turned out to celebrate.'
You may also want to watch:
The afternoon fete, which was held on the Green, opposite the Oddfellows public house, was a prelude to the evening's entertainment, with a cliff top candle lit service and Beacon lighting taking place at 10pm.
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 3 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 4 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 5 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 6 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 7 1,000 people book for Norwich restaurant's 'back out to help out' offer
- 8 Ten Covid patients in Norfolk's hospitals means more restrictions should be eased
- 9 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 10 Drivers facing long delays on A146 due to roadworks