Heartbreaking image of Frank the cat’s owner saying goodbye
- Credit: Archant
This picture shows the heartbreaking moment when the owner of Frank the famous internet cat says farewell to her friend of five years.
Dawn Myhill has re-homed Frank, who is well known in Great Yarmouth for making the Tesco store in Pasteur Road his second home.
Mrs Myhill, 54 and from Cobholm, said: 'He has been re-homed. He is not an indoor cat. My heart broke as I said goodbye. I did not own Frank, Frank owned me.
'I want to especially thank everyone for following Frank on Facebook and for donating towards his operation.'
Last September Frank, who is part Bengal cat, was seriously injured after he was run over by a car in the Tesco car park, leading to a successful Justgiving campaign to raise funds for the procedure.
Mrs Myhill said the Frank aka the Tescos cat not a stray!!! Facebook page, which as of this morning had 2,450 members, would carry on for a while so people could send in messages of support to the pet.
- 1 Mum describes heartache year on from daughter's tragic death
- 2 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 3 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 4 Police on hand as anti-vaccine protesters gather in city
- 5 Investigations continue after woman on mobility scooter assaults man
- 6 Banksy work removed and put in museum due to local sensitivity
- 7 Eight dogs up for adoption at a Norfolk rehoming centre
- 8 Hope for WASPI women as MPs back compensation call
- 9 East Norfolk road closed with firefighters at the scene
- 10 Popular teacher, 55, died after falling down stairs, inquest hears