Long delays expected as lorry overturns on the A140
- Credit: Archant
South Norfolk Police say recovery of a lorry carrying sawdust is proving 'difficult' on the A140.
Police, who were called at 12.10pm, are currently on the scene of the accident at the Pulham Market roundabout on the Norfolk and Suffolk border.
A tweet by South Norfolk Police shortly before 2pm said that recovery will start shortly and long delays are expected. The road is expected to be closed for around 90 minutes.
At 4pm one south-bound lane was still closed and police said that while the road remains open it is likely to close before 5pm for up to an hour.
Travellers have been asked to plan journeys 'accordingly'.
You may also want to watch:
There have been minor injuries.
Check on traffic conditions with our live traffic map.
- 1 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 4 Secluded Broads farmhouse in almost 11 acres goes up for sale
- 5 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 6 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 7 'Like a horror film' - Friends left terrified after being followed in woods
- 8 Plans for seven new supermarkets in Norfolk - but where will they be?
- 9 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 10 Police called after elderly, sick seal attacked with stones