Over �6,800 raised for East Anglian Air Ambulance at Thorpe St Andrew Sainsbury’s supermarket
Following a year of fundraising, staff at Thorpe St Andrew's Sainsbury's supermarket have raised �6,825 for East Anglian Air Ambulance (EAAA).
In May last year the Pound Lane store's customers voted for EAAA to be considered to receive a year's worth of support from the store and was subsequently chosen as the store's charity partner for the year in June.
During the year EAAA was supported by staff through a number of fundraising activities, including dance evenings, sales at the front of the store, bag packing and a Christmas raffle which raised over �1,000.
Jess Down, fundraising manager for EAAA, said: 'On behalf of EAAA I am delighted to receive such a wonderful donation - it has been a pleasure having the support of Sainsbury's Pound Lane.
'The monies raised will contribute to our costs of �4.2m per year, which we need to raise through public donations.'
Manager of the Pound Lane store, Andy Stewardson, added: 'From volunteering to the many fundraising activities that we've held, our customers have been driving force in making our fundraising efforts for EAAA.
'The money we've raised is really going to help a local charity that's close to many people's hearts in Norwich and Norfolk area.'
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 What is this mystery tower that has sprung up in Norwich?
- 3 Couple explores Norfolk homes in Escape to the Country
- 4 Pub landlord threatened to kill man he chased through streets with axe
- 5 Seven Sprowston neighbours scoop £30,000 lottery win
- 6 Asteroid bigger than any building on Earth to be visible in Norfolk skies
- 7 'Ghetto' fears raised over scheme for 725 new homes
- 8 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 9 Should cars be banned from Norwich's steepest hill?
- 10 Drunk student crashed into hotel wall on way home