“Outstanding” - Swaffham schoolgirl Rebecca Cotterill completes 47-mile challenge in a day
- Credit: Claire Cotterill
A schoolgirl from Swaffham has completed a challenge most adults would find physically tough.
12-year-old Rebecca Cotterill walked and ran all 47.8 miles of the Peddars Way in just 15 hours and 29 minutes to raise money for her school.
Setting off from Knettishall Heath early last Wednesday she reached the finish line at Holme next the Sea just before midnight.
Mum Claire said her daughter 'sprinted to the finish' and added: 'A truly outstanding performance.'
Rebecca, a year 7 pupil at Sacred Heart School in Swaffham, wanted to raise money towards the school's ICT suite.
You may also want to watch:
She was supported on the route by her dad as well as food and messages of encouragement at her various checkpoints.
Her online fund now stands at £647 but she would love to raise more. To support her outstanding effort go to www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/rebecca-cotterill
- 1 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 2 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 3 'It's opened my eyes' - What is it really like having coronavirus?
- 4 Chef Galton Blackiston closes fish and chip shop during week
- 5 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 6 Brothers take wedding bookings for 2022 after finishing barn project
- 7 Town left at standstill after level crossing failure
- 8 Driver's lucky escape as lorry ends up in ditch
- 9 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 10 Seven lockdown rules that could change