Oscar winner Kevin Brownlow to co-present Wells Film Festival
Oscar-winning authority on the world of film Kevin Brownlow is to bring his Academy Award statuette with him when he co-presents the first film festival at Wells.
Brownlow, one of the co-presenters of the event, taking place from March 2-4, flew to Hollywood a while back to collect his honorary award for services to film history.
Joolz Saunders, of Screen-next-the-Sea which is organising the event, said: 'He will bring his Oscar with him, so we may have a rare chance to see, touch, stroke a live Oscar!'
The theme is comedy and the festival will be at the Granary Theatre.
It starts with the Ealing classic, Kind Heart and Coronets, then moves up to date with Bridesmaids.
The Saturday morning sees Brownlow giving an illustrated presentation, Those Surprising Silents, followed in the afternoon by his choice of two classic pre-talkies: For Heaven's Sake and The Cat and The Canary. The Saturday evening will be devoted to classic Hollywood, with Bringing Up Baby.
On the Sunday morning, film lecturer Jo Statham presents Europe Finds It Funny and in the afternoon introduces Potiche. The festival finishes with a Marx Brothers double bill: Duck Soup and Horse Feathers.
- 1 Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- 2 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 3 How Norfolk's current Covid figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of sexually assaulting girl on her way to school
- 5 Fire crews tackle large barn blaze
- 6 Significant damage to church after metal stolen from roof
- 7 Christmas lights switch-on cancelled due to forecasted high winds
- 8 Row erupts after dozens of trees aligning footpath chopped down
- 9 Primary pupil sexually assaulted on way to school
- 10 Norfolk to be battered by winds of up to 65mph as Storm Arwen hits UK
For full details and a booking form visit www.wells-cinema.com or call 01328 711085.