Ormiston Victory Academy students show Mid-Norfolk MP George Freeman around their school
Students at Ormiston Victory Academy had a special guest to show around their recently opened bee hives recently.
Mid-Norfolk MP, George Freeman visited the Costessey school, where he met principal, Rachel De Souza, director of science, Lucy Austin, and director of teaching and learning, Ben Rogers.
He spoke to students as he visited classes, particularly students wanting a science-related career, and students in the wildlife garden persuaded George to take a look at the bee hives.
George said: 'We need to inspire and equip our youngsters with the maths and science skills that they will need if we are to build a high skilled economy.
'Specifically here in Norwich, we need a new generation of scientists and entrepreneurs to unlock and develop the value of the Norwich Research Park.
You may also want to watch:
'Of course excellence is infectious and it was wonderful to see in every classroom, on the playing fields, and in the award-winning wildlife garden, the energy and ambition of the pupils and staff.'
- 1 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 4 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 5 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 6 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 7 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 8 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 9 Norwich shop worker beaten with hammer in row over phone refund
- 10 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue