Ormesby singing star Chanel takes next step to London’s 02
- Credit: Archant
A young singing star who wowed judges with her vocal talents is hoping for further stage success when she performs in the regional heats of a national competition.
Chanel Chapman from Ormesby landed herself a place in the regional stage of the Teen Star singing contest with her impressive rendition of Adele's chart topping single Rolling In The Deep.
The talented 12 year old, who is also a fan of Emeli Sande and Rebecca Ferguson, is now preparing for the next round of the competition she hopes will pave her way to the glitzy final at London's O2 arena - where the overall winner will receive a £20,000 prize pool to help enhance their singing career.
Chanel's mum Sarah, 41, said it was a 'nice surprise' for her to get through to the regional heats after she narrowly missed out on a place in the final stages of a similar competition last year.
'It's brilliant but we're just taking it a step at a time, we don't know how far she's going to go,' Sarah added. 'To get this far we're really quite pleased, she's only 12 and at the end of the day it's all just experience. She loves singing and has a passion for it.'
You may also want to watch:
Chanel, a pupil at Caister High School, will be singing at the regional heats in Southend on March 17.
- 1 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 2 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 3 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 4 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- 5 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 6 'People didn't know I existed' - Shopkeeper thrilled with new store
- 7 Volunteer hit with £100 parking fee while collecting food for needy
- 8 Scams in Norfolk this week: Hermes texts and electricity boxes
- 9 Shoppers queue for revamped garden centre reopening
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries keen on Cherries ace