Busy coastal road closed for several hours after cyclist seriously injured
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for witnesses after a serious crash between a car and a bicycle on the A149 in Ormesby on Sunday afternoon .
The busy coastal road was closed for several hours and the cyclist was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital with serious injuries.
A VW Up and a mountain bike were travelling along the road, near the junction of Mill Lane and Cromer Road, towards Repps-With-Bastwick, at around 4pm when it happened.
Police and paramedics rushed to the scene and officers closed the road for three hours, before it reopened at 7pm.
Eyewitnesses said the incident occurred "on the northbound side heading up towards Potter Heigham".
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who witnessed the collision or has information should email PC George Healey at Healeyga@norfolk.pnn.police.uk. Alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 2 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 3 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 4 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 5 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 6 Man charged after cannabis factory and 300 plants found above pizza takeaway
- 7 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 8 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
- 9 Hospital opens new £625,000 cancer wellbeing and support centre
- 10 Early hours arrests as part of 'ongoing police investigation'