Organist ‘raised some notes’ with concert of classics
- Credit: Archant
A concert of organ music classics has raised some 'notes' for the North Walsham War Memorial Hospital Friends.
The event, staged at the town's parish church, saw Jon Payne play a programme of music.
It ranged from Handel's Water Music to the Eurovision theme tune, Charpentier's Te Deum, and raised £150 which has been split between the church and the Friends.
Mr Payne, a musician with 30 years experience, lives in Sheringham and became aware of the Friends through the a fund-raising comedy night.
Friends chairman Keith Jarvis said: "We really appreciate it when people hold fund-raising events for us.
You may also want to watch:
It shows the support the hospital and its Friends have, and how word is spreading about the work we do."
Find out more about the friends by visiting their website: www.northwalshamhospitalfriends.org.uk
- 1 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 4 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 7 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 8 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid
- 9 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 10 Farm worker fined after hay bales fall off trailer and hit car