Organisers of Christmas Day meal event in Great Yarmouth thank supporters
- Credit: Belinda Roll
A thank you has been issued to by the Open Christmas Great Yarmouth team to all the generous businesses and individuals who donated money, goods and time to make a Christmas Day event at the town's Retroskate at the Marina Centre so successful.
More than 300 people tucked into turkey, raised their glasses and shared in the Christmas cheer, as the annual event proved another success.
In a thank you statement Belinda Roll, from the team, said: 'We could not stage this event without you and we are massively grateful for the way in which the community once again supported us.
'It was one of the biggest events so far, serving 360 meals to lonely and homeless people in the area and to the all important volunteers.
'The feedback we received pays testament to the hard work and dedication of all involved with several people exclaiming that 'It was the best Open Christmas ever!'.
You may also want to watch:
The mayor of Great Yarmouth, Malcolm Bird, and his wife spent time talking to many of the guests who appreciated their presence.
Excellent feedback was also received from the volunteers - helping on the day is so important to them too.
- 1 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 2 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 3 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 4 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 5 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 6 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 7 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 8 Delivery van towed from deep water on road closed due to flood risk
- 9 Going full term during this coronavirus pandemic fills me with absolute terror
- 10 Carer caught on CCTV letting dog scratch vulnerable pensioner
'We would particularly like to thank the staff and management from Great Yarmouth Marina Centre (Sentinel Leisure Trust Ltd) for their continuing support in opening the centre and availing the necessary facilities to us.
'The list of companies and members of the community who supported us is quite phenomenal, plus lots of other people who choose to remain anonymous - so many generous donations to help make the day a resounding success. We thank you all so very much and wish you all the very best for 2017.'