Organisers cancel Beccles hangar dance due to lack of ticket sales
- Credit: Archant
A 1940s Hangar Dance which was due to be held in Beccles this month has been cancelled due to a lack of ticket sales.
The annual event, which raises funds for the Louise Hamilton Centre at the James Paget University Hospital in Gorleston, was due to be held in an original Second World War hangar at Ellough Airfield on June 23 and 24.
However a statement sent out today from Maxine Taylor, Palliative Care East appeal co-ordinator, said: 'Following a Hangar Dance meeting last Tuesday it is with much regret that we decided to cancel the Friday evening as there have not been enough ticket sales to make the evening both viable or enjoyable.
'At the same meeting we decided to give the ticket sales for the Saturday event a further week to see if numbers improved. It is with regret that we are having to cancel this too as this has not happened.
'As a charity using public money I had to cut our loss as to what has already been spent, against the potential loss of thousands, combined with no atmosphere at the hangar due to lack of numbers.'
Anyone who has already purchased tickets can contact Maxine on 01493 453348 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a refund.
- 1 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 2 Delays expected with A47 to close in both directions for 15 miles
- 3 Man accidentally downloaded indecent images of children, court hears
- 4 Family 'increasingly concerned' about missing Beccles woman
- 5 Man had cocaine hidden in car when stopped by police
- 6 Norse chief executive quits for personal reasons
- 7 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 8 Trains cancelled after lorry crashes into bridge
- 9 New Burger King site approved in city centre
- 10 Flood alert on the Broads due to high water levels