Organisers announce winner of Loddon Scarecrow Festival
- Credit: Archant
For the fourth time, Saxon House has taken the crown for the best entry at this year's Loddon Scarecrow Festival.
Their entry for the theme 'anything goes', created by Jeanne Sinclair and Kendall Spring, was Burke and Hare the grave diggers, who dug up freshly buried bodies and murdered 16 people in order to sell them to teaching hospitals.
As well as this being the fourth win, Saxon House, which is an extra care housing and assisted living complex in Loddon, has also reached second place in a previous festival and their scarecrows always attract large crowds.
The festival launched on June 19 and came to a close on June 25 with a carnival procession from Chedgrave to Loddon.
Organiser Caroline Dwen said this year's event 'really brought the whole community together.'
You may also want to watch:
Planning for next year's festival is already under way and anyone who would like to help can email email@example.com.
- 1 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 2 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 3 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 4 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 5 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 6 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 7 ‘Can you let me off?’ pleads driver doing 90mph in 50mph zone
- 8 Two people injured in A47 crash
- 9 Man drove round campsite 'like a rally driver' after argument
- 10 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof