Organiser of charity quiz donates a further £1,000 to Beccles Hospital
- Credit: Archant
The organiser of a charity quiz night has presented a cheque for £1,000 to Beccles Hospital.
Brenda Clarke, who runs Bren's Charity Quiz, presented the funds to Tony Bubb on behalf of the hospital's League of Friends.
The cheque takes the funds donated by Mrs Clarke to the hospital over the last two years to a total of £3,000.
She started running the quiz nights at Beccles Caxton Club in October 2015, with all proceeds donated to the hospital.
The quiz, which is made up of 12 rounds and two tabletop challenges, is held every second Sunday of each month, starting at 7.30pm and finishes around 10.15pm.
You may also want to watch:
It costs £2 per person to enter and teams of up to six are welcome.
There is also a raffle during the break and nibbles are provided.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 3 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 4 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 5 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 6 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 7 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 8 Former policeman to appear in court accused of rape
- 9 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 10 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
Mrs Clarke said: 'I would like to thank all the people who attend and who donate raffle prizes. Also the businesses in the town and surrounding area who generously donate for the Christmas raffles.'
The next quizzes are on October 8, November 12 and December 10.