First of many organ recitals at St Nicholas church
- Credit: St Nicholas
The first of a number of organ recitals were performed at St Nicholas church in Dereham.
As part of the series of June Organ Recitals, Dougal Smith was the first one to perform.
His choice of music for the programme was 'Music from Royal Weddings'.
It provided a wide variety of music including the atmospheric music of Basil Harwood which was played at the wedding of Prince Albert to Lady Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon in 1923.
The recital also included the rousing Mendlessohn's 'Wedding March from Midsummer Night's Dream' which was played at Princess Elizabeth's marriage to Philip Moutbatten in 1947.
You may also want to watch:
The recital was a demonstration of how an organ can transport you to multiple emotions, as the music reverberated through the building to the very soul.
The next recital will be on Friday, June 8 at 1pm by Jo Richards.
- 1 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 2 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 3 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 4 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 5 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 6 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 7 1,000 people book for Norwich restaurant's 'back out to help out' offer
- 8 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident
- 9 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 10 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
Proceeded by refreshments at 12.40pm.