‘Ordinary’ women feature in North Walsham student’s charity calendar to raise awareness of breast cancer
A photography student from North Walsham has produced a calendar celebrating the beauty of 'ordinary women' to raise money for Breast Cancer Campaign.
Rebecca Croucher, a 19-year-old City College Norwich student, came up with the idea to use friends and family in the calendar to highlight that the disease affects all women.
Miss Croucher, of Kingsway, is taking an extended diploma photography course at the college and said: 'I wanted to use my final major project at college to do something really good that could help make a difference.
'Breast cancer affects ordinary women and I have used real women as models for the calendar because I think people can relate to that more.'
Miss Croucher also knows first hand how traumatic the disease can be as her mother had a breast cancer scare when she had a lump removed in 2010.
Miss Croucher said: 'Luckily she was okay but it's made it a cause close to my heart.'
Featuring six models, the 2013 calendar - Beauty Within - focuses on the femininity and beauty of real women and complements a previous project focusing on plus size models.
- 1 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 2 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 3 Norfolk to be battered by winds of up to 65mph as Storm Arwen hits UK
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of sexually assaulting girl on her way to school
- 5 Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- 6 A11 northbound closed following crash near Attleborough
- 7 'It was a shock' - Burglars raid newsagent after smashing window with axe
- 8 Norfolk stately home neighbour dispute sees campsite owner in court
- 9 Fire crews tackle large barn blaze
- 10 Significant damage to church after metal stolen from roof
Photography course leader Jon Clark said: 'Rebecca has shown lots of creativity and enterprise in producing this calendar and we hope that people will support it and help raise funds for this worthwhile cause.'
Miss Croucher hopes to become a full-time photographer and will be taking a year out from her studies to gain first-hand experience.
The fundraising project has been supported by printing and office supplies company Hussey and Knights, who have taken on the costs of printing 300 calendars so that all proceeds from its sale will go to Breast Cancer Campaign.
The 2013 Beauty Within calendar goes on sale at City College Norwich for �2.50 from Wednesday June 20.
? For more information please call Miss Croucher on 07585 009556 or email email@example.com.