Operatic bake sale makes hundreds for charity and Cromer Oliver cast
- Credit: Archant
More than 100 cakes made hundreds of pounds in the annual Cromer and Sheringham operatic society charity bake sale.
Members, friends and families got baking to produce scones, cup cakes and tray bakes to raise money for the society and local charities.
Society publicist Ruth Elliott said: 'We have had some really fantastic cakes. People have been so generous.'
The cake sale made more than £800 for the registered charity, who will donate money to About With Friends, Changing Faces and the Salvation Army's Toys and Tins appeal.
The total, matched by Barclays, will also help towards the cost of this year's production of Oliver at Cromer Pier.
You may also want to watch:
Society committee member Robin Taylor, who plays Mr Sowerberry in the production, said the society was like a big family.
He said: 'The bake show helps with putting on the show. We sell tickets but this is one way of keeping it going.'
- 1 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 2 You can run, Mr Hancock, but you can't hide
- 3 Rare condition kills 'amazing' lorry driver
- 4 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 5 'More like March' - So when will we get the sunshine back?
- 6 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 7 Prince William, George and Charlotte start races at Sandringham
- 8 'Fantastic to have people back' - Tea room reopens on Broads
- 9 McDonald's hiring in Norfolk and plans new restaurants
- 10 Popular restaurant to reopen after staffing issues
The Cromer and Sheringham Operatic and Dramatic Society will be performing Oliver at Cromer Pier Pavilion Theatre from Saturday May 24 to Saturday May 31.
Performances are at 7.30pm, excluding Sunday and Monday and matinees at 2.30pm on Sunday May 25, Monday May 26 and Saturday May 31.
Tickets are £9.50, £13 and £14 with concessions and group discounts available.
Call the pavilion box office on 01263 512495.