Opening date set for new Wetherspoon pub in Gorleston high street
- Credit: James Bass
Pub chain JD Wetherspoon is set to open its new pub The William Adams in Gorleston on July 18.
It will mark some two years since the company took over the prime GT Motors site in the high street.
Wetherspoon spokesman Eddie Gershon said: ' We have been keen to open a pub in Gorleston for a number of years and are delighted that this is now coming to fruition.
'We are confident that the pub will be a great asset to the town and hopefully lead to further investment by other businesses.
'We have enjoyed great success in the region over the years and are looking forward to opening our new pub in Gorleston on July 18.'
You may also want to watch:
The pub was named by the public following a reader poll which saw over 1000 votes cast. William Adams was a legendary hero lifesaver who was born in Gorleston in 1864. The £1.5m investment is creating 45 jobs and has been tipped as a boost to the evening economy.
- 1 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 2 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 3 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 4 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 5 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park
- 6 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 7 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 8 PM warns there will be no 'open sesame' lockdown exit
- 9 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 10 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow