Opening date set for new Wetherspoon pub in Gorleston high street
- Credit: James Bass
Pub chain JD Wetherspoon is set to open its new pub The William Adams in Gorleston on July 18.
It will mark some two years since the company took over the prime GT Motors site in the high street.
Wetherspoon spokesman Eddie Gershon said: ' We have been keen to open a pub in Gorleston for a number of years and are delighted that this is now coming to fruition.
'We are confident that the pub will be a great asset to the town and hopefully lead to further investment by other businesses.
'We have enjoyed great success in the region over the years and are looking forward to opening our new pub in Gorleston on July 18.'
You may also want to watch:
The pub was named by the public following a reader poll which saw over 1000 votes cast. William Adams was a legendary hero lifesaver who was born in Gorleston in 1864. The £1.5m investment is creating 45 jobs and has been tipped as a boost to the evening economy.
- 1 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 2 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 5 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 6 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 7 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 8 Former factory site to become a new church
- 9 Christmas craft, food and gift fair returning to Norfolk estate
- 10 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze