More than 100 young people celebrated at Norwich awards evening
- Credit: Archant
The outstanding achievements of more than 100 young people from across Norfolk were celebrated last night in Norwich.
OPEN's first Norfolk Youth Awards showcased the stories of under-18s from a wide variety of backgrounds.
The categories were: Sport Individual, Perseverance, Team of the Year, Community, Charity, Volunteer, Education, Arts, Entrepreneur, and Hero, an award recognising an adult seen as a hero by young people.
An outstanding achievement award was presented to the young person who: 'Proved themselves to be a star, overcoming any challenges, and following their interests with a passion'. The winner was Jaimz Mee, 16, for his commitment to dance.
The main sponsors were Norfolk County Council, City College Norwich and Norwich City Football Club.
You may also want to watch:
For the full list of winners and photos from last night's event, see tomorrow's paper.
- 1 Man jailed for seven years over coercive behaviour which left victim 'shattered'
- 2 Six new coronavirus deaths confirmed at Norfolk hospital
- 3 'Rare' Norfolk vicarage goes up for sale for £1.1m
- 4 Flood alerts in place across Norfolk
- 5 Seafront flats plan set for go ahead
- 6 Man in 70s who died in crash identified after public help
- 7 Open all hours? Retailers say no thanks to 24/7 shopping
- 8 Cannabis factory discovered after police called to burglary
- 9 Fears loss of Arcadia group could have significant impact on Norfolk high streets
- 10 Norwich City kick-off times changed due to TV coverage