Open day to raise awareness of St John Ambulance Watton Unit
- Credit: Archant
An open day will be held to raise awareness of the St John Ambulance Unit in Watton.
There will be a range of activities for people to try, including practising CPR and bandaging a patient.
Additionally there will be first aid displays, a tombola and coffee and cake.
Hannah Collin, fundraising lead and a first aider at the Watton unit, said: 'We've arranged this open day so local people can find out more about the work of their local first aid unit.
'We're looking forward to meeting people on the day and to showing them some essential first aid techniques. Those who wish to take first aid further should consider enrolling as a volunteer.
You may also want to watch:
'It is a great feeling to know that you have the skills to save a life and I'd encourage everyone to learn first aid.'
The open day will be held on Saturday, March 4 at the St John Ambulance hall on Saham Road from 10am to 6pm. Entry is free.
- 1 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 2 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 3 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 4 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 5 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 6 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 7 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 8 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 9 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 10 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
The Watton unit currently have six consistent members that attend the meeting nights every Monday evening at 7.30pm.
To find out more information email Hannah Collin on firstname.lastname@example.org or call her on 01953 886686.