Open day to raise awareness of St John Ambulance Watton Unit
- Credit: Archant
An open day will be held to raise awareness of the St John Ambulance Unit in Watton.
There will be a range of activities for people to try, including practising CPR and bandaging a patient.
Additionally there will be first aid displays, a tombola and coffee and cake.
Hannah Collin, fundraising lead and a first aider at the Watton unit, said: 'We've arranged this open day so local people can find out more about the work of their local first aid unit.
'We're looking forward to meeting people on the day and to showing them some essential first aid techniques. Those who wish to take first aid further should consider enrolling as a volunteer.
'It is a great feeling to know that you have the skills to save a life and I'd encourage everyone to learn first aid.'
The open day will be held on Saturday, March 4 at the St John Ambulance hall on Saham Road from 10am to 6pm. Entry is free.
- 1 Row erupts after dozens of trees aligning footpath chopped down
- 2 Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- 3 Winter Wonderland coming to park with ice slide, donkeys and reindeer
- 4 How Norfolk's current Covid figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 5 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 6 Panoramic views for every customer after award-winning restaurant's refurb
- 7 Critics hope to deal significant blow to controversial NDR Western Link
- 8 Norfolk boxer fined for exercising in Chapelfield Gardens during lockdown
- 9 Christmas lights switch-on cancelled due to forecasted high winds
- 10 Teenage girls in hospital after unprovoked mob attack
The Watton unit currently have six consistent members that attend the meeting nights every Monday evening at 7.30pm.
To find out more information email Hannah Collin on email@example.com or call her on 01953 886686.