Open day for Norwich FarmShare highlights growing community
- Credit: Picture: Simeon Jackson
The first harvest of a community farming project at its new home was marked with an open day.
Norwich FarmShare was launched in 2010 and was originally based at the Postwick Park and Ride site.
But it had to leave that site and now, following a successful crowdfunding campaign, has three acres of land at Whitlingham.
On Saturday, people had the chance to see what the project is all about when it hosted the open day, which featured workshops, farming activities and music.
Bee Springwood, chair of Farmshare's volunteer board said: 'FarmShare has great potential to improve lives, whether it's through eating more healthily, learning new skills, spending time outdoors, or just being part of a big-hearted community.'
You may also want to watch:
Anyone can join Norwich FarmShare for a monthly subscription of £2 and can then buy the groceries at a weekly hub.
Details at www.norwichfarmshare.co.uk
- 1 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 5 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 6 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 7 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 8 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 9 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 10 Two men charged with murder of 23-year-old