Online registration opens for Southwold’s ‘Women on Wheels’ cycle ride
- Credit: Archant
Online registration has opened for an annual charity cycle ride for women.
The Women on Wheels (WoW) 2017 Southwold Cycle Ride takes place on Sunday, July 2.
Riders can choose from three routes – seven miles to Walberswick, 18 miles to the Shadingfield Fox or 30 miles on the Sotterley Loop.
Funds go to the Southwold Sole Bay Lions Club charitable organisation.
The event is free for eight to 16-year-olds, who must be accompanied by an adult.
You may also want to watch:
Helmets must be worn and bikes must be roadworthy. Riders will leave the sports pavilion on Southwold Common, where there will be refreshments, stalls, and entertainment for children, family and supporters.
Organiser Diane Mayhew said: 'If you are a regular cyclist or have not been on your cycle for a while, this is an ideal event for you. It is not a sportive or competitive event, but a friendly ride. We have marshals, good signage, back riders and a mobile mechanic.'
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 4 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 5 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 6 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 7 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 8 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 9 Firefighters ripping out thatch to stop house fire spreading
- 10 City draw up target list
Visit wowsuffolk.org.uk to register.