Online registration opens for Southwold’s ‘Women on Wheels’ cycle ride
- Credit: Archant
Online registration has opened for an annual charity cycle ride for women.
The Women on Wheels (WoW) 2017 Southwold Cycle Ride takes place on Sunday, July 2.
Riders can choose from three routes – seven miles to Walberswick, 18 miles to the Shadingfield Fox or 30 miles on the Sotterley Loop.
Funds go to the Southwold Sole Bay Lions Club charitable organisation.
The event is free for eight to 16-year-olds, who must be accompanied by an adult.
Helmets must be worn and bikes must be roadworthy. Riders will leave the sports pavilion on Southwold Common, where there will be refreshments, stalls, and entertainment for children, family and supporters.
Organiser Diane Mayhew said: 'If you are a regular cyclist or have not been on your cycle for a while, this is an ideal event for you. It is not a sportive or competitive event, but a friendly ride. We have marshals, good signage, back riders and a mobile mechanic.'
- 1 Broads Authority moves to prosecute pub over caravans - again
- 2 Part of A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 3 See inside this idyllic family home up for sale with NO nearby neighbours
- 4 EXCLUSIVE: The faces behind City's prospective US investment
- 5 Man claims supermarket fuel was contaminated as he reveals £200 repair bill
- 6 Former coastal restaurant up for auction
- 7 Thousands expected to attend huge four-day steam extravaganza
- 8 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 9 Motorcylist in 50s in hospital with serious injuries after tyre shop crash
- 10 Multiple fire crews tackle farm blaze overnight
Visit wowsuffolk.org.uk to register.