One week left to nominate your unsung heroes for Waveney stars awards
- Credit: Nick Butcher
There's just one week left until nominations close for the Stars of Lowestoft and Waveney Awards.
And the organisers are appealing to readers to get in those final nominations for local unsung heroes.
The awards are being held for the third year running, but this year will be staged for the first time at an exciting new venue at Ivy House Country Hotel in Oulton Broad.
The awards honour those who go above and beyond to help their communities, giving local residents the recognition they deserve.
The ceremony will be held on October 10, with BBC Radio Suffolk presenter Mark Murphy returning as the host.
There are 10 award categories open for nomiations. They are Young Person of the Year, Outstanding Sporting Achievement of the Year, Community Group or Champion of the Year, Outstanding Bravery, Team of the Year, Education Star, Uniform Services, Veteran of the Year, Charity Worker of the Year and Unsung Hero/Heroine of the Year.
The closing date for nominations is next Friday, September 8, with the judging taking place on September 25.
- 1 Distraught Norwich City fan 'lost £98k in football betting site collapse’
- 2 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 3 A coach 'filled with people' and a van crash on the NDR
- 4 Sale of council farm as part of 4,000 homes plan sparks controversy
- 5 Roadworks planned in Norfolk for this week
- 6 Theatre director's planning bid branded 'an attempt to rewrite history'
- 7 Heavy winds set to hit Norfolk as yellow weather warning issued
- 8 Flood alert on the Broads due to high water levels
- 9 Lorry crashes into ditch in village near Norwich
- 10 Tribute to keen mountain biker who died on ride
Organiser Mick Parker, from Parker Communications, said: 'As we approach the judging for this year's Stars of Lowestoft and Waveney Awards it is really important that all nominations are received in the next week because this year promises to be the best awards yet.
'You've all heard the stories from the last two years and this year they are just as special and emotional.
'We encourage everyone to think about family members, friends, work colleagues or community groups who deserve a nomination. Everyone knows someone who deserves to be recognised for the work they do.'
The previous venue - The Hotel Victoria in Lowestoft - will continue as a key sponsor for the event along with a range of other local businesses. The Lowestoft Journal, Eastern Daily Press and Beccles and Bungay Journal are proud to be continuing as media sponsors.
This year's headline sponsor is Lowestoft-based Kingsley Healthcare.
To make a nomination, visit the Lowestoft Journal homepage and follow the link on the right where an online form is available.