Olympic gold medallist to visit Norwich this week
Former Olympic gold medal winning triple jumper Jonathan Edwards will be in Norwich on Thursday.
The Great Britain athletics legend is opening the new Ultralase vision correction clinic - a company he has been a patient of and is brand ambassador for - at Merchants Court, off St Georges Street.
The clinic will offer free, no obligation consultations with a specialist optometrist, will assess patients' suitability for vision correction, including laser eye surgery, intra-ocular lenses and cataract treatment, as well as treatments to address the age-related need for reading glasses.
Mr Edwards will join Norwich South MP Simon Wright in officially opening the clinic at 11.30m on Thursday.
Tony Veverka, chief executive for Ultralase, said: 'The opening of our second consulting room and the prospect of expanding our clinic network to 31 is a very exciting for the entire team at Ultralase.
You may also want to watch:
'This latest clinic will not only create two new jobs locally but also represents a six-figure investment acting as further testimony to our ongoing expansion programme.'
- 1 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident
- 2 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 3 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 4 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 5 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 6 Shed set alight, 16 broken into and pumpkins destroyed at allotments
- 7 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 8 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 9 'Very calculated predator' - how jailed abuser befriended pupils' families
- 10 Market traders 'devastated' over council plans to revoke licences