Oil spill after road collision in Holt
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2012
A major junction in Holt in north Norfolk is partially blocked this morning after an accident and oil spillage.
The A148 is blocked at the High Street junction after the two-vehicle accident, which took place shortly before 6.49am.
One woman suffered minor injuries in the crash, and was treated at the scene by paramedics.
Norfolk County Council highways workers are now on the scene clearing the oil spill.
A police spokesman said: We received a call this morning at 6.49am about an RTC in the A148 in Holt.
'It looks like it was a two-vehicle collision at the junction of the High Steet resulting in a large oil spill.
'Ambulance were called to the scene as well. A female suffered minor injures and was seen by paramedics. She wasn't taken to hospital.
- 1 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 2 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 3 Norfolk to be battered by winds of up to 65mph as Storm Arwen hits UK
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of sexually assaulting girl on her way to school
- 5 Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- 6 A11 northbound closed following crash near Attleborough
- 7 'It was a shock' - Burglars raid newsagent after smashing window with axe
- 8 Norfolk stately home neighbour dispute sees campsite owner in court
- 9 Flood alerts issued for parts of Norfolk due to stormy conditions
- 10 Fire crews tackle large barn blaze
'Norfolk County Council highways are on the scene.'