State boarding school is still outstanding, inspectors say
- Credit: Wymondham College
A Norfolk state boarding school has retained its outstanding rating from inspectors.
Wymondham College's boarding provision was judged to be outstanding in two of three inspection criteria following a visit by Ofsted inspectors in May.
They said the school, which has 569 boarders among its 1,298 students, was "an environment in which children absolutely flourish".
Leaders and managers were said to be dynamic and ambitious with high expectations of the children, the staff and themselves.
The inspection report added that while the safeguarding team had developed, there were still improvements to be made in record keeping.
You may also want to watch:
Wymondham College headteacher Dan Browning said: "I am extremely pleased that the report not only highlights the outstanding academic progress that our students achieve, but also the excellent opportunities and experience that form the heart of our 'Wymondham Life' provision."
- 1 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 2 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 3 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 4 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 5 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 6 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 7 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 8 Delays as 23m-long caravan travels through Norfolk
- 9 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 10 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park