A former Dereham church treasurer, Boys' Brigade captain and ambulance car driver has died aged 77. Paul Larwood was born in Peterborough and his family moved to Dereham when he was a child and he attended Hamonds High School at Swaffham.
A former Dereham church treasurer, Boys' Brigade captain and ambulance car driver has died aged 77.
Paul Larwood was born in Peterborough and his family moved to Dereham when he was a child and he attended Hamonds High School at Swaffham.
After working in Norwich and then doing national service, Mr Larwood had several jobs before being employed in 1951 by Mr Cutting at Bawdeswell Warehouse.
He married Eileen in Bawdeswell Church a year later and they lived in the village.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Larwood became a director at the business until it was sold in the mid 1980s and they moved to Dereham and he worked at Hobbies until he retired.
He was a diligent and public spirited man and he served as an ambulance car driver and was captain of the Boys' Brigade and also treasurer at Dereham Baptist Church, where he worshipped for more than 60 years.
- 1 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 2 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 3 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 4 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 5 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 6 Dad's heartache over daughter's suicide and his fight to help others
- 7 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 8 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 9 Police appeal for witnesses after pedestrian struck by car on A47
- 10 Club reopens after Covid cases among staff and customers
Mr Larwood was a devoted family man and had two daughters, a son, four grandchildren and a great grandchild.
The funeral service for Mr Larwood - who died suddenly at home on Christmas Day - was at Dereham Baptist Church on today, 1pm. Family flowers only and donations can be made which will be given to the Baptist Missionary Society and Toftwood Medical Centre.