Comedian Barry Chuckle dies aged 73, manager confirms
- Credit: PA
Entertainer Barry Chuckle, one half of the famous comedy duo the Chuckle Brothers, has died.
He has died aged 73, his manager confirmed on Sunday.
He had worked alongside brother Paul Chuckle for decades as part of the well-known act.
The pair made many visits to the region over the years, including to Norwich Theatre Royal, Britannia Pier and the University of East Anglia.
Manager Phil Dale said in a statement to the Press Association: 'It is with great sadness that the family announce that Barry passed away peacefully at his home surrounded by his wife Ann and all his family.'
You may also want to watch:
He added: 'The family would like to express their thanks to the many people who have been fans of the Chuckle Brothers and they know that they will share in part the great, great loss they feel.'
His comedy partner Paul said: 'I've not just lost my brother, I've lost my theatrical partner of many, many years and my very best friend.'
- 1 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 3 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 4 Delays on roads as petrol queues continue
- 5 Weird Norfolk: Is Diss Mere the waterlogged crater of an extinct volcano?
- 6 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 7 Revealed: Where most parking tickets have been issued in Norfolk
- 8 Can you spot yourself at Let's Rock Norwich?
- 9 Concern raised over work on anaerobic digestion plant on outskirts of village
- 10 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
The brothers became some of the most loved comedians on children's television, making their catchphrase 'to me, to you' part of everyday language.