Firefighters tackle blaze near Norwich bus station
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters tackled a blaze in Norwich city centre.
Four fire crews, ambulance and police were at the scene near the bus station on Monday.
It is understood to have broken out at the Norwich University of the Arts All Saints Green student accommodation in Winnalls Yard, off Surrey Street.
Fire engines from Carrow, Sprowston, Earlham and Hethersett attended the building fire at 3.20pm.
A Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said: 'We were called to a quite serious building fire, in the kitchen area.
You may also want to watch:
'We then extinguished the fire and searched the kitchen area of the building.
'There will be extensive damages to the building.'
- 1 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 4 Secluded Broads farmhouse in almost 11 acres goes up for sale
- 5 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 6 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 7 'Like a horror film' - Friends left terrified after being followed in woods
- 8 Plans for seven new supermarkets in Norfolk - but where will they be?
- 9 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 10 Police called after elderly, sick seal attacked with stones
He added that there were no injuries reported.