Noughties pop legend Shaggy spotted at Middletons Steakhouse in Norwich
- Credit: Archant
Mr Boombastic himself was caught red-handed tucking into a steak at Middletons in Norwich on Wednesday night ahead of his gig at the UEA LCR.
Shaggy, real name Orville Richard Burrell, was lover loving the Timber Hill restaurant when he visited this week and enjoyed a whopping 22 ounce Porterhouse steak - the weight of an average basketball.
He didn't skip on sides either and accompanied his meaty marathon with vegetables and chips.
His 8pm visit was caught on camera by staff at the restaurant, who said he was 'very friendly and happy to talk to the team'.
Glenn Walker, 31, general manager at Middletons Steakhouse, said: 'My assistant manager Troy, who was looking after the table, said to us, 'I'm sure that's Shaggy!'
You may also want to watch:
'I went over and sorted him a drink. He was really relaxed and lovely and I spoke to him about Guinness for a while.'
The restaurant was recommended to Shaggy by his taxi driver, who took him from his hotel at Sprowston Manor into the city.
- 1 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 3 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 4 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 5 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 6 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 7 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
- 8 ATM containing thousands of pounds stolen from petrol station
- 9 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 10 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
Following his gig at the UEA LCR, Shaggy tweeted: 'Norwich was lit tonite' amazing time some of the best fans anyone could ask for!!! Much luv!'
Have you spotted a celebrity in the city? Email Louisa.Baldwin@archant.co.uk