Norwich garden centre’s festive flower arranging events help towards fundraising target
- Credit: Notcutts
A Norwich garden centre has been spreading festive cheer among the city's green-fingered residents.
Notcutts welcomed more than 200 people to its two special charity flower arranging events in November.
The events at the centre in Daniels Road featured demonstrations from Andrew Grisewood and Jonathan Moseley and have so far raised more than £3,000 for its charity of the year, Age UK Norfolk.
Representatives from the charity spoke at one of the events about its work with older people in Norfolk.
Richard Greenacre, general manager at Notcutts in Norwich, said the centre is aiming to raise £10,000 for the charity. 'It's been a real pleasure to work with Age UK Norfolk and host our flower arranging events – which are always incredibly popular – in aid of the charity,' he said.
You may also want to watch:
Hilary MacDonald, chief executive of Age UK Norfolk, added: 'We are incredibly grateful to Notcutts for their hard work and fundraising efforts.'
- 1 Man jailed for seven years over coercive behaviour which left victim 'shattered'
- 2 Six new coronavirus deaths confirmed at Norfolk hospital
- 3 Nine Norfolk schools closed or partly shut due to Covid-19 cases
- 4 'Rare' Norfolk vicarage goes up for sale for £1.1m
- 5 Flood alerts in place across Norfolk
- 6 Fears loss of Arcadia group could have significant impact on Norfolk high streets
- 7 Open all hours? Retailers say no thanks to 24/7 shopping
- 8 Fresh calls for Norfolk to move to tier one ahead of key Commons vote
- 9 Seafront flats plan set for go ahead
- 10 Cannabis factory discovered after police called to burglary