Norwich garden centre’s festive flower arranging events help towards fundraising target
- Credit: Notcutts
A Norwich garden centre has been spreading festive cheer among the city's green-fingered residents.
Notcutts welcomed more than 200 people to its two special charity flower arranging events in November.
The events at the centre in Daniels Road featured demonstrations from Andrew Grisewood and Jonathan Moseley and have so far raised more than £3,000 for its charity of the year, Age UK Norfolk.
Representatives from the charity spoke at one of the events about its work with older people in Norfolk.
Richard Greenacre, general manager at Notcutts in Norwich, said the centre is aiming to raise £10,000 for the charity. 'It's been a real pleasure to work with Age UK Norfolk and host our flower arranging events – which are always incredibly popular – in aid of the charity,' he said.
You may also want to watch:
Hilary MacDonald, chief executive of Age UK Norfolk, added: 'We are incredibly grateful to Notcutts for their hard work and fundraising efforts.'
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 3 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 4 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 5 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 6 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 7 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 8 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 9 Woman who got stuck in marshes rescued by coastguards
- 10 Hotel owner on directing The Only Way is Essex stars in Norfolk