Nostalgia: King’s Lynn Open Cycle Race back in 1971
- Credit: archant library
Cycling might have become the big thing in Norfolk in recent years.
But there were plenty taking to their bikes in the era of long hair and flares more than 40 years ago.
These archive pictures show riders giving their all in the 1971 King's Lynn Open Cycle Race, which was staged on roads around the town.
Are you in any of the pictures or do you remember anything about the race?
You may also want to watch:
- 1 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 2 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 3 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 4 Chance to have your say over 4,000-home development
- 5 Driver who died in A47 crash had medical episode
- 6 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 7 Plans to open McDonald's on outskirts of town in 2022
- 8 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 9 Farke hammers Tzolis for penalty antics in City defeat
- 10 'Very high risk' paedophile who groomed 12-year-old has sentence doubled