NHS worker’s 1000 mile Tri-ing challenge.
- Credit: Picture: Becky Cooper
Two Women, 21 Days, 1000 miles. the tri-ing challenge in aid of Big C and The Lullaby Trust.
Two Norwich women are to cycle, swim and walk 1000 miles for Big C and The Lullaby Trust.
Assistant director at Norfolk Community Health and Care, Becky Cooper and Angela Beard, a nurse, have set the bar high and aim to complete the triathlon in 21 Days.
Becky, said: 'I saw other peoples 1000 mile challenges and decided I wanted to be different, I became confident in open water swimming and decided to add that element.'
Main points of the trip include climbing Ben Nevis and Mount Snowdon along with swimming in lake Windermere.
You may also want to watch:
Becky said: 'I'm excited to actually complete the challenge and see how much money we have raised for our charities.'
The Big C is Norfolk's cancer charity which funds four drop in support centres across Norfolk and Waveney while The Lullaby Trust raises awareness of sudden infant death syndrome and supports bereaved families across the UK.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 4 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 5 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 6 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 7 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 8 Firefighters ripping out thatch to stop house fire spreading
- 9 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 10 City draw up target list
Becky said: 'I would like thank all our friends that have supported us including TriHarman, Dynamic Fitness, M&A Partners, Bo Tyler nutrition, Vigour Events, Howards bike shop Wymondham Hethersett and Wymondham Cycle club, volunteers, staff Priscilla Bacon Centre, The Norfolk Hospice Tapping House, Norfolk Community Health and Care Trust, Big C and Lullaby Trust.'
The women set off on Monday where they will drive up to Newcastle before starting their journey on Tuesday with their cycle to Inverness.
To keep up to date with their progress you can visit their Facebook page along with their Virgin moneygiving page.