Norwich woman is named a finalist in Miss Voluptuous UK 2019 competition
- Credit: Archant
A 25-year-old Norwich woman has been named a finalist in the UK Miss Voluptuous 2019 competition.
The contest, in its third year, is a celebration of curvaceous women around the UK.
Becky Myhill, who has lived in Norwich all her life, applied to enter the competition after watching the Netflix film Dumplin'.
The film, which stars Jennifer Aniston, tells the story of a plus-size teenage girl who follows in her mother's former beauty queen steps to enter a pageant.
Miss Myhill said she filled in an application late at night, and was 'very surprised' to get a response.
You may also want to watch:
The 25-year-old, who previously worked in hospitality but is currently training to be an accountant, has decided to support mental health and the LGBTQ+ communities as her two chosen platforms.
She said: 'It's so fantastic to be around curvaceous women like myself, and to feel that just because you're not stick thin and conventional to do something like this.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 3 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 4 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 5 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 6 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 7 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 8 Former policeman to appear in court accused of rape
- 9 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 10 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
'I've been raising money since the start of the year and feel so good helping people and look forward to the lead up of the pageant.'
The final will be held in Cambridgeshire over September 28 and 29.
Miss Myhill has set up an email account for anyone who needs someone to talk to at email@example.com