Norwich to London trains delayed by level crossing accident
- Credit: Google
Train journeys between Norwich and London are suffering delays after an accident saw a level crossing damaged prompting speed reductions
Trains are running at reduced speeds between Norwich and Diss with journeys in both directions being delayed by 10 minutes, Greater Anglia has warned.
The disruption was caused by a vehicle hitting a remote level crossing at Hales Street, between Tivetshall and Gissing in rural South Norfolk.
The disruption is expected to continue until 6pm.
A Greater Anglia spokesman said: 'A road vehicle has damaged a level crossing barrier at Hales Street between Diss and Norwich. As a result Liverpool Street-Norwich services will be delayed by up to 10 minutes in both directions between Diss and Norwich until the barrier is repaired.
You may also want to watch:
'Greater Anglia and Network Rail are sorry if your journey has been affected.'
- 1 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 2 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 3 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 4 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 5 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
- 6 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
- 7 Norfolk lorry drivers clocked for nearly 200 traffic offences in three days
- 8 Indian variant could hamper roadmap, Norfolk health expert says
- 9 Owners of popular street food van open café bistro in Norwich
- 10 City step up Skipp Spurs chase