Disruption for rail users after broken down train blocks Norwich to London line
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
There was disruption for rail users travelling from Norwich to London after a broken down train blocked the line.
Train services running between the stations were delayed or cancelled on Thursday morning.
A fault developed on the 6.24am service from London to Norwich, with the train left stationary between Norwich and Diss.
Initial efforts to fix the fault failed, but a rescue engine has now brought the train back towards Norwich.
The 8.30am Norwich to London service left as planned, but disruption may continue until 10am.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 3 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 4 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 5 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 6 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 8 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 9 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 10 City keeper diagnosed with testicular cancer